Save the date! Join us at the Monmouth County Library Headquarters in Manalapan on Sunday, June 9, beginning at 1 PM, for an historical afternoon to commemorate the War of 1812.
The afternoon will include:
- Captain David Harrison, the Commanding Officer of the Earle Naval Weapons Station will lead off the afternoon with his talk, The U.S. Navy and the War of 1812.
- The Imperial Brass, a 28-piece brass ensemble, will play a concert of rousing patriotic music.
- Amanda Grafton, a soprano, will join the ensemble to sing our National Anthem, The Star-Spangled Banner.
- Living historians will display artifacts of the War and will be available to answer questions about the War of 1812.
- William White, author of Our Flag Was Still There, will sign books and tell us how the Star-Spangled Banner came to be.
- Special guests, First Lady Dolley Madison and Francis Scott Key will be here for photos and conversation.