BOOKS DONATION POLICY
The Monmouth County Library appreciates donations of books and other materials. Donations of books and other materials are accepted at most Branch Locations during hours at the discretion of the librarian. The Library staff does not have the expertise to appraise donated materials. Donated materials may not be left outside the library or in the bookdrop. For additional information or questions about specific items, contact the library location nearest you.
- Paperback and hardcover books in good condition, both fiction and non-fiction, for children and adults.
- DVDs and Books on CD.
We cannot use:
- Books which have been stored in basements.
- Magazines (including National Geographic) or newspapers.
- Reader’s Digest condensed books.
- Dated publications such as almanac and tax guides.
- Travel guides, technical books, and textbooks older than 5 years.
DVDs Videos Books on CD Encyclopedias Books on Cassette Headquarters Donations are accepted May through October only. Please call library first. Eastern Branch Donations are accepted in April and October only. Allentown * * * Atlantic Highlands Donations are accepted. Please call library first. Colts Neck Donations are being accepted in January and February only. Hazlet * * * Holmdel No donations Howell Please call library first. Marlboro Please call library first. No videos, encyclopedias, or textbooks. Ocean No donations Oceanport No donations Wall * * * * * West Long Branch No donations