Only eBooks can be found in EBSCO eBooks (formerly Netlibrary). Both eBooks and audio books can be found in Library on the Go! (Overdrive). Overdrive provides a list of supported operating systems and devices here. Overdrive has provided step by step instructions for computers and eReaders that can be accessed here or by clicking Get Started on the welcome page.
Library on the Go! Tips:
- Items placed in the cart will remain for only 30 minutes unless checked out.
- Check out up to 5 items at a time.
- Place a hold on items that are checked out.
- When your hold is ready, you will be notified by email. It will be held for 3 days. It can be found on your waiting list but will have a button prompting you to add it to your cart.
- The eBooks are loaned for 7 or 14 days and may be returned early.
- Books cannot be renewed, according to contractual agreement, but can be taken out again or placed on hold.
- No overdue fines on downloadable eBooks or Audiobooks!
- Audiobooks are loaned for 7 or 10 days and can only be returned early using the OverDrive Media Console mobile apps, v2.4 or newer.
EBSCO eBooks Tips
- Users must set up a user name and password in order to check out books.
- Users may view books online or may check them out and download them.
- Checkout period is up to 7 days.
Require the download of a helper application before downloading.
- PC users may have to upgrade the security component of their computer's Windows Media Player before downloading an audiobook. in .wma format.
- All audio books (.wma or .mp3) can be downloaded to a PC.
- Mac users can download .mp3 audio books.
- Some wireless devices are able to download DRM-free .mp3 audio books directly. Audio books may be returned early using theOverDrive Media Console mobile apps, v2.4 or newer.
Usually require the installation of additional software and a free Adobe ID and password. It is helpful to have user name and password ready before installation of the software. Before doing so, consult the system requirements. If you are new to digital books you may wish to look at My Help! for information pertaining to your device.
- Download to Mac or PC to read or to transfer to a dedicated eBook reader.Follow instructions and prompts from the My Help! link on the Library on the Go! welcome page. The page accessed by clicking on MyHelp! will walk you through through the setup process.
- Android, iPhone, Ipad, and Blackberry users can install an application (Overdrive Media Console) that is linked from the Help button on the Library on the Go! welcome screen. Users of these devices should access Library on the Go! directly using the device.
- Kindle users must select eBooks by Kindle format. Once books are checked out, users click on "Get for Kindle". They are then taken to Amazon.com to complete the download by clicking "Get Library Book". They are prompted to sign in using their user name and password. Amazon.com then delivers the eBook to the Kindle. All technical support for Kindle eBooks is handled by Amazon.com.