1. Go to our homepage at www.monmouthcountylib.org.
2. Select the Library on the Go link - right side of the page.
3. To search for books, enter title, author, or subject on the search line or click the advanced search link for a more detailed search.
4. You may also search through our eBook Fiction, Nonfiction, Audiobook, Kids & Teens, and Featured Collections links.
Making a Selection:
1. Select a book keeping in mind that the darker book icons on the books are currently available while the light gray book icons indicate that the book has holds. A headset on the book means the copy is an audiobook.
2. To view a sample of a book, hover over the book and click sample. To view information about a book, hover over the book and click the more arrow.
3. To bookmark a selection to hold in your account “list,” hover over the desired book then click the bookmark icon on the left bottom. Bookmarked lists will be in your wish list under lists.
4. Select a book by hovering over it. Then click Borrow or Place a Hold.
5. You will be asked to enter your library card number and by checking the box below the sign in, your card number will save to your computer.
6. Place a Hold option
a. Provide your email address.
b. You will be notified via email when the book is available, or by checking the box on the hold screen, the book will automatically be delivered to you when it is available.
c. Upon notification, you have three days to retrieve your book.
7. Borrow option
a. Click Download and choose Adobe EPub EBook option.
b. Click to open the file which should download into the bottom left corner of the page.
c. Your book will open in Adobe Digital Editions.
d. Go to the icon that looks like a bookshelf.
e. Click that to display your library.
Transferring your book to your device:
1. Using a USB cable
a. Once your Nook is connected it will appear on the left side of your book shelf page.
b. Place your mouse’s arrow on the book & drag it into the Nook.
c. Your book will return itself in 14 days & may be removed from your computer by clicking on the drop down box next to the book to be removed & clicking Return Borrowed Item.
d. Books may now be renewed if there are no holds. If eligible for renewal, a renew option link will appear three days before due date under the book on your bookshelf.
If your Nook does not need to be connected through a USB cable, your book will automatically be installed after you download it.
For more free E-books try these websites:
www.gutenberg.org (for classics)
Barnes & Noble also has free book Fridays available through your Nook