Join us at Monmouth County Library Headquarters in Manalapan on September 21 and 22 as we celebrate all things four-footed and furry, as Monmouth County Library presents the famed Walker Art Center’s Internet Cat Video Festival, along with a special Pawsitively Animals Fair.
You can still get free tickets for The Walker Art Center's internationally famous Internet Cat Video Festival! Library Headquarters, 125 Symmes Drive in Manalapan will host the festival on Saturday, Sept. 21. This will be the only New Jersey venue for the film festival.
Enjoy the antics of cute cats, naughty cats, roomba-ing cats, talking cats and musical cats. There will be three screenings at the Library: 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 21. The video festival screenings are free, but you must pick up your free tickets at the Library in order to attend.
Tickets are available at the Reference Desk at Library Headquarters in Manalapan. Limit five (5) tickets per adult for one screening. Please choose one screening to attend. All attendees must have a ticket, regardless of age. Please pick up your ticket at the Reference Desk, or call 732-431-7220, x7222.
Following the film festival on Sunday, Sept. 22, Library Headquarters will host the family-friendly Pawsitively Animals programfrom 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Meet dogs and horses, authors and K-9 handlers, and pick up information and tips to help care for your pets!
Read on for the Pawsitively Animals lineup of events!
The schedule of events will include:
1:15 p.m. Keynote talk by Kim Kavin, author of Little Boy Blue, who will address the issue of animal hoarding.
2 p.m. Demonstration by the Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office K9 Unit.
3 p.m. Visit the Authors Corner to hear these authors read from and discuss their books.
- Kim Levin, photographer and author of PhoDOGraphy and Why We Love Cats.
- Charlie Kelley, Buddy The Beagle: A Miracle Dog.
- Jon Gibbs author of Fur-Face.
- Matt Ziselman, author of Hounded: The Lowdown on Life from Three Dachshunds.
4 p.m. Presentation of the A*CAT*emy Awards
Patrons can browse the animal fair all through the afternoon. Additional participants include:
- Monmouth County SPCA with Adoptable Animals and information.
- Two horses: Indy, a standardbred horse and DeFazio, a mustang.
- Members of the Monmouth County 4H will be on hand with an exhibit.
- Rescue Cats for adoption and fostering.
- Peter V. Benedetti of K9 Solutions, offers personalized dog training tips.
- The NJ Dept of Agriculture will have in information table on Forest Pest Invaders and will offer temporary tattoos, activity books and lots of information.
Please call 732-431-7220 x7222 for more information, or click on the library’s webpage at www.monmouthcountylib.org